We're delighted you're visiting our website!
Chances are good you already know Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church. Founded in 1895, we've been serving up Swedish egg coffee, pancakes, and meatballs from our Minnesota State Fair dining hall for 64 years. Located in north Minneapolis, we are theologically progressive and missionally minded, with worship being uniquely Lutheran and uniquely Salem. There’s even a bluegrass band that leads worship on 4th Sundays! Salem is "Reconciling in Christ (RIC)" and we're a place to learn, grow, and belong--following God’s invitation to become your best you.
(Summer Worship Schedule) Join us Sunday at 9:30 a.m. for worship.
Here's the Latest on What's Happening at Salem:
- Our Summer Worship is now 9:30 AM
- Our State Fair Dining Hall is opening this weekend (July 24-26) for the BMW Rally at the fairgrounds. Volunteers are still needed to staff the dining hall. Please contact Laura at email@example.com
- Our next free community meal is Tuesday, July 29, at 6:00 PM. Everyone is welcome. Helpers and hosts are needed.
- We've CANCELLED Friday's Film Showing so we can help with our Dining Hall event July 24,25, and 26th.
- Our annual Rummage Sale is coming up. We need good household items, linens with wear left, etc.. Please, NO broken appliances and NO clothing though!! Stay tuned for further updates!
- Kevin McGandy's Celebration of Life will be held Saturday, August 16 at 3PM with a reception to follow.
Monday-Thursday 9 am -2 pm
Friday by appointment