We're delighted you're visiting our website!
Chances are good you already know Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church. Founded in 1895, we've been serving up Swedish egg coffee, pancakes, and meatballs from our Minnesota State Fair dining hall for 64 years. Located in north Minneapolis, we are theologically progressive and missionally minded, with worship being uniquely Lutheran and uniquely Salem. There’s even a bluegrass band that leads worship on 4th Sundays! Salem is "Reconciling in Christ (RIC)" and we're a place to learn, grow, and belong--following God’s invitation to become your best you.
WORSHIP is at 10:30 AM (Funday School 9 AM, Fellowship Hour 11:30 AM)
Here's the Latest on What's Happening at Salem:
- Lenten Soup Suppers and Holden Evening Prayer, every Thursday, 6PM/7PM
- Salem Council Meets Tuesday, March 24th, 6:30 PM
- Confirmation Class meets Sunday, March 15, Noon-3PM
- Next Drumming Circle, March 31, 7 PM (after the community dinner)
- Next Free Community Meal, March 31, 6 PM is a potluck
- "Roots & Wings" Bluegrass Worship is every 4th Sunday
- High School Youth Group Meets Wednesdays at 7 PM
- Choir Rehearses Thursdays at 7 PM
- Holy Week begins March 29 (Palm Sunday), March 26 (Maundy Thursday Service 7PM), April 2 (Good Friday, at St. Olaf Lutheran Church), and April 5 (Easter Sunday)
Monday-Thursday 9 am -2 pm
Friday by appointment