We're delighted you're visiting our website! Salem is a congregation living a hospitality of heart, hands, and hope.
Chances are good you already know us. Founded in 1895, we've been serving up Swedish egg coffee, pancakes, and Swedish meatballs from our Minnesota State Fair dining hall for 65 years.
Located in north Minneapolis, we are theologically progressive and missionally minded, with worship being uniquely Lutheran and uniquely Salem. There’s even a bluegrass band that leads worship on 4th Sundays! Salem is "Reconciling in Christ (RIC)" and we're a place to learn, grow, and belong--following God’s invitation to become your best you.
WORSHIP is at 10:30 AM (Fellowship Hour 11:30 AM)
Here's the Latest on What's Happening at Salem:
- "Roots & Wings" Bluegrass Worship is every 4th Sunday ( July 26th, etc)
- Next Community Dinner is Tuesday, July 28th, 6 PM
- May 30th ended our program year. Funday School, Confirmation Classes, and Youth Group will resume in September. Stay tuned.
- Summer Movie Nite is July 24th, 7 PM. Join us for "The Good Lie" starring Reese Witherspoon. This is the moving story of Sudanese orphans who walk 1000 miles to a refugee camp, relocating to Kansas City ten years later.
- Growing Green Hearts Vacation Bible, Science and Music Camp is July 13-16, 4-8 PM for kids in 2nd-5th grade. Come learn about care of God's creation through fun science experiments, bible stories, crafts and song. Call the church office to register. Space is limited.
- Volunteers wanted for our annual State Fair Dining Hall. Email Laura Vondelinde to learn more and join the schedule. We can't do it without you.
Monday-Thursday 9 am -2 pm
Friday by appointment